Die design and Development division was started in the year 1994 by UMT, one of the wholly owned subsidiaries of UCAL with the unit located in Maraimalai Nagar, 45 km from Chennai. It came up on a total land area of 11,250 Sq.ft and built-in area of 6,930 Sq. Ft. This unit has a dedicated and well equipped â€œTool Room â€œ. Forty Nine people are working in the facility. Currently this unit manufactures 60 Dies annually. This unit is certified to ISO 9001:2008 standards.
The Pressure Die Casting Dies are made of imported hot Die Steel and are heat treated through advanced vacuum heat treatment process to minimize any distortion during heat treatment.
Facilities in Tool Room
- CNC Ferrari - Vertical Milling Machine.
- CNC Deckel Maho - Universal Milling Machine.
- CNC Makino - Vertical Milling Machine.
- CNC Dhali â€“ Vertical Milling Machine.
- Beadley & Turton - 100 Ton Die Spotting Press.
- Moore Jig Grinding Machine.
- Deckel Jig Boring Machine.
- Electronica Spark Erosion Machines.
- Horizontal Boring Machine.
- 3D Deckel Copy Milling Machine.
- Other Conventional Tool Room Machines.
- Inspection Lab Equipped With Mitutoyo CMM & CNC CMM, Trimos Linear Height
- Gauge, Deltronic Profile Projector, Mitutoyo Linear Height Gauge and
For that edge in designing, our company applies leading engineering in all die designing activities which include
- Auto Cad